Airtron Canada understands that we must address global warming and many other important environmental issues. Social responsibility and sustainability are not simply “buzz words” that we use in our company to create excitement or relevance. We have a history of living our values as a corporation through the delivery and execution of our own Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability goals.
“Our approach is to effectively manage the social, ethical, and environmental impact of our business activities”
We seek to:
- Minimize risk
- Create sustainable value for our shareholders
- Contribute positively to economic development
“Green” to Airtron Canada means sustainability from many standpoints. It is not just using energy efficient equipment or providing renewable energy, nor is it energy conservation alone. It is all these items and more. The following list includes some of our initiatives:
- We created a $25,000 endowment fund at the University of British Columbia Okanagan to provide financial assistance to students studying sustainability and environmental sciences
- We provided $3 million for sustainable energy education and research at the University of Calgary
- We provided $1.75 million towards a Research Chair in Sustainable Energy at the University of Calgary
We develop and deliver design-build energy conservation projects for clients that reduce energy use and result in a lower impact on our environment.
Carbon Footprint Management Program
The program has representation from leadership and employees from our offices across North America that meets on an ongoing basis to identify opportunities to reduce our carbon footprint and reduce our environmental impact. The four work streams included in the program are:
- Employee Engagement – educating and changing employee behavior
- Fleet Management – driving fleet efficiencies to reduce fuel consumption
- Buildings – workplace, real estate and facility management processes to reduce environmental impact
- Employee Travel – measure work related travel and identify opportunities to reduce travel
Global 100 Most Sustainable Companies
“The Global 100 is the most extensive data-driven corporate sustainability assessment in existence, and inclusion is limited to a select group of the top 100 large-cap companies in the world.”
We are committed to understanding, managing and reducing the environmental impact of our activities through innovation, technology and cultural change. Airtron CAnada has been recognized by Corporate Knights through their ranking of our company as one of the Global 100 most sustainable companies in the world each year since the report’s inception in 2005.
Our Environmental Policy
We are committed to understanding, managing and reducing the environmental and ecological impacts of our activities through innovations, technology and culture change.
What our commitment means to us:
- Using our resources effectively and reducing waste
- Developing renewable and low‐carbon energy sources, products and services
- Encouraging our suppliers, contractors, franchisees and business partners to pursue responsible environmental practices
- Taking proactive steps to reduce our own carbon emissions as we undertake our business activities
- Publish regular performance reports and openly discussing our environmental performance with internal and external stakeholders
ISO 14001 Certification
- Airtron Canada is proud to be ISO 14001 Certified, an internationally recognized standard for environmental excellence. environmental management system is an environmental business plan for reducing the environmental impacts of our daily operations.
Intergraded Health, Safety and Environmental Management System (IMS)
One of the most important differentiating strengths Airtron Canada brings to our customers each day cannot be described as a single skill, or leadership in one particular niche of technology – it is the way we manage our company and operate our business, and through our quality management principles, processes and actions, we bring exceptional value to our clients every day. Our IMS operates seamlessly across all components as part of our daily business requirements.
- We comply with all legislation and industry leading practices
- We maintain effective health, safety and wellbeing programs and strive to continually improve our performance
- We encourage employees to be mindful of the hazards they might encounter at work and take action to prevent injuries